(Effective May 2018)
BioGenes is pleased that you have decided to visit our website and are interested in our company and products. We treat the protection of your personal data seriously and strive to ensure that you feel secure and comfortable when visiting our Internet pages.
Due to statutory provisions we are obliged to inform you about the type, scope and purpose of the collection and use of personal data. Therefore we would kindly ask you to acknowledge the following information. This Privacy Statement describes and governs the information collection, use, and sharing practices of BioGenes GmbH and its corporate affiliates (collectively "BioGenes", "we", "us," and "our") with respect to BioGenes' websites, mobile applications and other digital and interactive services that link to this Privacy Statement (together, the "Services").
Before you submit any information on or through the Services, please carefully read this Privacy Statement. By using any part of the Services, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your information as further outlined in this Privacy Statement.
Without prejudice to your rights under applicable law, BioGenes reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement without prior notice to reflect technological advancements, legal and regulatory changes, good business practices and any update or expansion of the Services. If BioGenes changes its privacy practices, an updated version of this Privacy Statement will reflect those changes and we will notify you of such changes by updating the effective date at the top of this Privacy Statement. Therefore please check this page periodically for updates. Your continued use of the Services will signify acceptance of the terms of the updated Privacy Statement.
1. Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
The following body is responsible according to the statutory provisions related to data privacy and data protection:
TÜV Technische Überwachung Hessen GmbH
The company data protection officer can be reached as follows:
Mr. Tobias Müller
Phone: +49 (0) 6151/600-394
mobile: +49 (0) 151 57266715
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.biogenes.de, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our websites. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information will be collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- Used browser and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider
We process the data mentioned for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability as well for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is the Art. 6(1)(f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. In no case we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
b) When registering for our newsletter
If, pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR, you have expressly consented, we use your e-mail address to regularly send you our newsletter. For the receipt of the newsletter the indication of an e-mail address, your name, company and country is sufficient. The following personal data is also collected and stored:
- Email address
- Profile ID
- Date and time of subscription
The un-subscription is possible at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively you can also send your unsubscribe request to newsletter(at)biogenes.de by e-mail.
c) By using our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via a form provided on the website. Whenever a user chooses to contact us through our form, following personal data is collected and stored:
- First and last name,
- Email address
- Academic title
- Institute/Department or Division
Further information can be provided voluntarily.
The collection of this data is needed to engage in a conversation with the user. Furthermore we use this data to provide you with product related information via newsletter.
The following personal data is also collected and stored:
- Date and time when sending a message
The collection of this data is needed to secure our systems against abuse.
The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR based on your voluntarily granted consent.
The data is erased whenever the conversation with a user ends. A conversation has ended when we assume that the concern of the user has been solved. Furthermore the data is erased whenever a user unsubscribes from our newsletter. A user may unsubscribe at any time.
A user may request the erasure of his personal data at any time by sending us a message. In this case, the conversation with the user cannot be carried on.
3. Disclosure of data
A transfer of your personal data other than those listed below does not take place. We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- You have given express consent to this as laid down in Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR,
- The disclosure pursuant to Art. 6(1)(f) is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- In the event that disclosure is a legal obligation as per Art. 6(1)c GDPR as well as
- This is legally permissible and according to Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
In the cookie information is stored, each resulting in connection with the specific terminal used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
In addition, to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our website again to take advantage of our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what inputs and settings you have made, so you do not have to re-enter them.
The data processed for cookies are required for the purposes mentioned in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as third parties according to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser to that no cookies are stored on your computer or always a hint appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you cannot use all features of our website.
5. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. With the tracking measures to be used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
Using of Matomo (formerly Piwik)
(1) This site uses the web analysis provider Matomo for analysis of the website´s usage in order to have the opportunity to make improvements. By using these statistics we are able to regularly improve our online services. The legal basis for the use of Matomo is Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
(2) For this evaluation, cookies will be saved on your computer. This information will be saved by the person in charge exclusively on their server in Germany. The evaluation can be regulated by the deletion of existing cookies and prevention of cookie retention. The Opting out of using of Matomo is possible by removing the tick in the Opt-Out, so that the Opt-out-Plug-in is activated.
(3) This website uses Matomo including of the"AnonymizeIP" add-on. By using this, IP addresses are truncated for processing, so that a direct connection to the person can be excluded. Your IP address, transferred by Matomo from your browser, is not connected to other data assessed by us.
(4) Matomo is an Open-Source-Project. You can find any necessary information concerning data protection at matomo.org/privacy-policy/.
6. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information on the processing purposes, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to complain, the source of your data if not collected from us as well as the existence of any automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details;
- Pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR to demand the correction of incorrect or completion of personal data stored by us immediately;
- In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, except where the processing is required for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- In accordance with Art. 18 GDPR to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject their deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need them for the assertion, exercise or defense of a legal claim or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- Pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to obtain your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible;
- Pursuant to Art. 7(3) GDPR to revoke your once granted consent to us at any time; as a result we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future, any processing that was carried out prior to the revocation shall not be affected thereby and
- According to Art. 77 GDPR to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our office.
7. Information on the right to object
If your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an email to service(at)biogenes.de.