BioGenes offers the production of monoclonal antibodies in various scales at quantities ranging from research (mg) to commercial (g) scale per batch. The production is carried out with hybridoma cells specifically developed by BioGenes or with cells provided by the customer. In the latter case please send us two cryo vials of the same batch together with all information about growth medium and conditions as well as a mycoplasma certificate.
We recommend a test production if there is insufficient information about the clone of interest or if you need a larger amount of 50 mg or more. The test production is performed on 350 ml cell culture supernatant and includes affinity purification.
Antibody production from established hybridoma cell lines can diminish over time due to a decrease in the number of cells that secrete antibody. In many cases, antibody production can be rescued by re-cloning the hybridoma cell line. Hybridoma re-cloning and development can be ordered separately, if necessary.
Large-scale antibody production
The price for large-scale antibody production will be calculated based on the production rate of the test production.
- Search for a matched pair - the antibodies will be biotinylated and tested in ELISA to find suitable capture and detector antibodies
- Characterization of antibodies by determination of:
- Reactivity on cross reactants
- Affinity constant using ELISA
- Ig subclass
- Long time storage of clones in liquid nitrogen, optional including maintenance (taking care) once in two years or more often according to the customer's requirements - includes thawing, re-cultivation, additional cloning, screening and preparation of new cryo vials